Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Drunken Nutella Hot Chocolate, Oh my

At this very moment, I have 498 pins. Over half of them are of food and over half of those have something to do with Nutella. (I would have more but I had to show some restraint.)  I’m not the best at math, but I think I may have a Nutella addiction. I can eat it by the spoonful all by itself, baked into cupcakes, inside crepes with bananas, made into ice cream, pumped intravenously into my arm… I could keep going but I think you get the point =) The only food item I may like more than Nutella is marshmallows. (But that’s another story) So, can you imagine my excitement when I stumbled upon Nutella Hot Chocolate that contained both Nutella and Marshmallows? I, of course, added a little Marshmallow Vodka  because I'm just that kinda girl!


Drunken Nutella Hot Chocolate
1 - 1 1/2 cups milk
1 heaping tablespoon of Nutella
Dash of cinnamon (optional but super tasty)
Handful of mini marshmallows
1 1/2 oz Frangelico, Marshmallow Vodka or Creme De Cacao. OR all three! (NOT optional =))


DIRECTIONS

Heat milk in a saucepan over low heat until warm.
Whisk in Nutella and continue stirring until melted.
Add cinnamon and alcohol.
Pour into a mug.
Top with marshmallows and try to only drink one cup.

I used 2% milk because that’s what I drink.  Whole milk would be delicious too. You can try skim milk but let’s not kid ourselves; we’re obviously not counting calories if we’re eating spoonfuls of Nutella. 

Add a dash of cayenne pepper if you’re feeling extra daring. 



Behind the scenes trivia:
Guess how many mugs of hot chocolate it took to get this shot......

The correct answer is: 3
The first mug I was so excited to drink it I forgot to take a picture.
The camera slipped out of my hand while shooting the second mug and it spilled all over the entire counter and into my silverware drawer.
Third times a charm!


No comments:

Post a Comment