Monday, February 20, 2012

DIY chalkboard wine glasses

We've all been there; we're at a huge party with all of our closest friends, grab a glass we set on the counter only to take a swig and realize it's not ours. Gross! Solution:  DIY chalkboard wine glasses I found on Pinterest. These glasses are the classy, grown up & reusable version of the Sharpie red Solo Cup. What a great gift idea for all my wino friends. (BTW, on a side side side note, if you haven't seen the Red Solo cup video by Toby Keith you should. Its awesome!) 




Using painters tape, tape off the area to be painted. I found these glasses at IKEA for only $1.99 each.
Pounce glass etch onto the glass. I have read a ton of posts where people painted the chalkboard paint directly onto the glass. You can skip this step if you want, but I thought the chalkboard paint would adhere better to the etched surface. Let the etch sit for 15-20 minutes and then rinse off with warm water.




Paint a thin layer of chalkboard paint onto the glass using a foam brush. Let dry for 20 minutes and then paint on another layer. This process will need to repeated a couple of times.








Let glasses dry overnight before first use. Handwash ONLY.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously...are you ever going to post anything else?? I've really enjoyed your blog and I hope you continue with it! =)

    ReplyDelete